The Peavey® SP® 2P is a powered, bi-amplified, two-way speaker system engineered to provide very high levels of performance in a compact powered loudspeaker. This two-way powered system is comprised of a 1000 Watts peak switching power amplifier driving a 15” Black Widow® BWX series woofer, now with a long throw voice coil. The 2” RX™ 22CT titanium diaphragm compression driver is driven by a 500 watts peak switching power amplifier, and is coupled to a low coloration waveguide with a coverage pattern of 100° horizontal by 50° vertical.
The SP 2P is capable of up to 130 dB peak SPL. The enclosure is constructed of plywood augmented with internal braces, covered with a textured black painted finish. The shape is a modified-trapezoidal form, with a full-length coated perforated steel grille, to offer an attractive yet durable powered speaker system. A pair of four-way inset handles, one on each side, provide convenient transport and handling.
Two independent mixed input channels each offer a balanced input to the preamp/EQ electronics, and a level control. Each channel has one combo female XLR and 1/4” TRS phone jack. It is switchable between mic-level and line-level sensitivity. Channel 2 has a 3.5 mm media jack added. A line out section has male XLR connectors. The Thru outputs allow linking of additional speaker systems, or feed of the signal to a powered subwoofer, etc.
The power amplifiers providing the bi-amplification are low-distortion switching units providing 1000 Watts peak available power into the nominal 4 ohm load of the woofer, and a 500 Watts peak available power into the nominal 8 ohm load of the tweeter. The power supply for both amps is a switch mode type for low weight and high efficiency. Both amplifiers feature our DDT™ compression, which virtually eliminates audible power amplifier clipping. Cooling is via forced air circulation. A four-way handle on each side provides ease of transport, while multiple fly points are provided to allow overhead rigging.
The combination of the Black Widow BWX woofer with the RX 22CT tweeter and DSP crossover and EQ provide a clarity and impact beyond conventional powered enclosures. The switching power amps and switch-mode power supply, along with the professional grade speaker components, provide this high level of technological sophistication at a very light weight.
Features SP 2P
• Bi-Amplified powered speaker system
• 1000 Watts peak, 500 Watts continuous available woofer power
• 500 Watts peak, 250 Watts continuous available tweeter power
• Both power amps have DDT compression
• One 15” Black Widow BWX woofer
• RX 22CT compression driver tweeter on a quadratic throat waveguide
• Peak SPL up to 130 dB with music!
• DSP based crossover, limitig and EQ
• EQ presets available via rotary encoder push button select
• 9-band EQ
• Dynamic Bass Boost function
• Up to 150 ms of architectural delay
• Large LCD display
• Fan cooled for maximum reliability
• Two independent mixed input channels, with gain control and Mic/Line gain switch
• Each channel features a Combo XLR balanced input
• Input 2 has an additional 3.5 mm (1/8“) stereo media input jack
• XLR output connectors
• Four-way inset handles on each side
• Full length perforated steel grille
• Rugged plywood enclosure, with bracing and dado construction
• Pole mount
• Multiple fly points