The Peavey® SP® 218P Sub is a compact vented powered subwoofer system utilizing two Peavey® exclusive Pro Rider™ 18” woofer, coupled to a power amplifier with 2000 Watts peak available power. The full-length black perforated steel grille provides protection and a professional appearance, along with the steel handles and tilt-back casters for transport.
Internal line-level crossover with two outputs, independently electrically buffered; one full-range thru output, and one high-pass output.
A threaded pole-mount system provides a sturdy and stable platform to mount a suitably equipped speaker system above the sub woofer. Either the SP 2P or the SP 4P two-way powered speakers are an excellent partner for the SP 218P Sub.
The SP 218P Sub speaker system power amplifier providing the power is a low-distortion ultra-reliable fan-cooled unit providing 2000 Watts peak available power for the system. The power supply for the power amp is a switch mode type for low weight and high efficiency. The amplifier features our DDT™ compression, which virtually eliminates audible power amplifier clipping. Cooling is provided via a low-noise fan, for reliable operation under any conditions. Input is via two channels of a combo female XLR and 1/4” TRS phone jack with balanced input to the preamp/EQ electronics, and a level control.
The internal speaker crossover and processor is implemented with a high-performance DSP system. Using 24-bit ADC’s and DAC’s operating at 96 kHz, the 32-bit fixed point DSP processor provides all the filtering and EQ functions to allow the subwoofer to operate at it’s best. DSP based limiting works in conjunction with the DDT™ compression to improve woofer reliability without intruding into the musical performance. An LCD display shows what functions or presets have been selected, these functions are selected via a push-to-select rotary knob.
Features SP 218P
• Vented bass powered subwoofer enclosure
• 2000 Watts peak, 1000 Watts continuous available woofer power
• Two Peavey exclusive Pro Rider 18” woofer
• Power amp has forced air cooling for maximum reliability
• Powerful yet precise DSP based crossover network and speaker processing
• DSP based limiter for woofer protection
• 24-bit ADC/DAC, 96 kHz sample rate, 32-bit fixed point DSP
• Two channels with XLR Combo inputs
• Two XLR outputs, one high-pass and one full range thru
• Full coverage heavy-duty perforated steel grille
• Two metal handles, one on each side, and top rear corner handle
• Threaded pole mount
• Speaker pole included
• Tilt-back casters for ease of transport