The Versarray™ Pro 218 Sub Powered Subwoofer speaker system consists of a pair of 18″ Low Rider® woofers combined with a super-solid cabinet with a simple, quick, yet flexible rigging system. Designed to provide modular coverage of small to medium venues, and intended for use with the companion Versarray™ Pro 112 models, the Versarray™ Pro 218 Sub offers excellent versatility with a very high performance capability. The subwoofer system consists of the following woofer components: a pair of 18″ Low Rider® series woofers with a very long throw 4″ voice coil structure. Capable of over 800W of continuous power handling (AES Std 2-1984) each, these woofers can project a lot of low frequency energy.
The Versarray™ Pro 218 Sub incorporates Peavey’s UniVent™ air pumping venting system. The UniVent™ venting system literally pumps air through the enclosure, exchanging the stale hot air inside the cabinet for the cooler outside air. This helps keep the woofer operating temperatures from getting so high, and increases reliability and reduces power compression under heavy continuous drive conditions. The air pumping action is achieved without excessive turbulence or any significant net asymmetry of total vent air flow.
Power for both woofers is supplied by some very efficient power amplifier systems, controlled by a sophisticated and refined DSP operations system with Dante connection capability. Total system power is 3000W total peak power, with 1500W total sine wave power for the woofers. This sheer power is controlled precisely and processed by a high performance DSP system, which provides all the crossover and EQ functions, as well as providing all limiting, compression and driver protection duties with unfailing attention to every detail of the music.
An optional special groundstack bracket set mounts to the Versarray 218 Pro Sub, and allows up to three of the Versarray™ Pro 112’s to be mounted on top of the Versarray 218 Pro Sub, and angled upward, for use on stage in a stadium seating situation.
• Dual Woofer Subwoofer SR System
• 3000 Total Peak watts of system power
• 18″ Low Rider® 4″ VC Woofer
• Peavey’s UniVent™ air pumping venting system
• Power amp fan cooled for maximum reliability
• Full complement of DSP based limiting and compression to protect the drivers from overdrive conditions
• Inputs are analog XLR in and/or Dante Ethernet audio network in.
• Analog Output Thru connector is a male XLR
• 18 mm 13 ply Baltic Birch enclosure
• Hammerhead polyurea black finish and black powder-coated cloth lined grilles
• PowerCON Input and Thru AC power connections
• Built-In tilt back casters with 4″ wheels
• Optional groundstack bracket set allows up to 3 Versarray™ 112 Pro 2-Way cabinets to be mounted above the Versarray™ Pro 218 Sub