MediaMatrix® sPower™ Series smart power amplifiers are specifically designed for applications requiring large number of constant voltage, 70 or 100V amplifier channels. Applications include airports, rail networks, subway stations, retail, hospitality and theme parks. The sPower series amplifiers feature Class-D output topology for maximum efficiency and minimal heat dissipation resulting in excellent longevity while not requiring forced air cooling and typical service demands. sPower amplifiers utilize Switch Mode Power Supply (SMPS) for maximum efficiency and regulation of power supply rails delivering full specified power regardless of the A/C power conditions operating anywhere between 85 – 250 Volts.
sPower series amplifiers include external monitoring and control functionality via a back panel multi-drop serial RS485 control port in conjunction with the MediaMatrix nWare™ 3.0 ControlManager software suite. Amplifier status, fault and load monitoring on amplifier output stages incorporate intelligent load limiting based on maximum current conditions. Additionally, loudspeaker loads as low as 5 Watts rated output can also be monitored. All sPower amplifiers are designed to enable the use of intelligent load limiting on amplifier output stage, which prevents the amplifier from being over-driven.
Automated high power change-over relays on the output of each channel are provided where the N/O connection of the relay, available at the rear port of the amplifier, enables any of the internal amplifier channels to act as a back-up in case of primary amplifier channel failure. Alternatively, an external amplifier channel can be used to back-up the primary amplifier channel via the same port without the need to physically relocate the speaker cable circuit.
The sPower series smart power amplifiers come in 7 different variants supporting 4 and 8 channel outputs @ 75, 150 and 300 Watts plus one hi-power 4 channel model with 600 Watts per channel.
Features sPower 6004
• Four channels
• Power output rating 600 Watts per channel
• Selectable rated output voltage:
– 70V RMS (True 100 Volts peak)
– 100V RMS (True 140 Volts peak)
• Input impedance = 10K Ohms / channels balanced
• Protection against: Short circuit, Over current, Over temperature, DC
• 110 Hz high pass filter, 12dB/Oct selectable per channel
• Control & monitoring via serial RS485 multi-drop using nWare 3.0 software suite and any MediaMatrix ‘S’ series DSP or control processor
• Automated output change-over Hi-Power relays
• Cooling via low volume internal air-exchange
• Universal power supply; 85-250 Volts, 43 – 63 Hz
• 2U rack mountable