The QW® 218 incorporates two of the new extra-high power Low Rider™ 18″ woofers and a new compact cabinet design. The QW 218 is a direct radiator subwoofer designed specifically for the high-end pro audio user.
The Low Rider 18″ driver is a milestone in high-power subwoofer design. An incredible 3200 Watts program rating and extra-long cone excursion come together to produce amazing new levels of clean, deep bass. This makes the QW 218 a superior choice for the bottom end of any high powered sound system.
The QW 218 is unusually compact for its power handling, SPL output, distortion performance and bass extension. This is made possible by special characteristics designed into the Low Rider woofer.
The QW 218 is well braced and very stiff, as internal pressures produced by the Low Rider woofer can be very high. The vent design integrated into the enclosure includes a vertical brace to further increase enclosure stiffness.
The QW 218 vent’s large area and long path length allow for a large volume of air to move with very low resistance. This is important due to the massive air flow volumes that the Low Rider woofer can produce.
Features QW 218
• Two Low Rider 18″ woofers with Kevlar® impregnated cones, 4″ voice coil, cast frame field replaceable baskets
• Frequency response: 47 Hz – 1.5 kHz; ±3 dB anechoic, 40 Hz – 1.5 kHz half space ±3 dB
• Low limit: 34 Hz (-10 dB) anechoic, 30 Hz (-10 dB) half space
• Sensitivity: 100 dB SPL anachoic
• Sensitivity: 106 dB half space
• Power Handling: 1600 Watts continuous, 3200 Watts program, 6400 Watts peak
• Max SPL: 138 dB continuous half space, 144 dB peak
• Neutrik® Speakon® connectors
• Durable GatorHyde® finish