The Crest Audio® PCX™ 88 is a DSP-based, digital audio matrix system that boast a 96 kHz sample rate and a floating point DSP processor for quiet accurate filter response. The crossover filters are fully adjustable and any input can be routed to any output.
The PXC 88 supports 16 input and 16 output channels via a digital matrix system offering flexible routing for any application. Eight each, local balanced line XLR inputs and outputs, allow direct analog audio connectivity with an additional 8 input x 8 output audio data streams over Ethernet via an optional Dante® network audio card. The units software and advanced DSP algorithms offer professional signal processing and control features to manage, optimise and protect FoH, monitor and multi-zone speaker systems while ensuring exceptional audio signal clarity and integrity without loss or coloration.
Input features include gain, mute, HP / LP filters, 5-band PEQ, phase, feedback control, noise gate and automix. Each output features an additional 5-band PEQ, gain, compressor, phase, up to 680ms of delay, and mute. Crossover & band-pass filters can be selected bewteen Butterworth, Bessel or Linkwitz-Riley with alignments from 1st order (6 dB/Oct) to 4th order (24 dB/Oct). EQ filter types include PEQ, Low-Shelf, Hi-Shelf, Low-Pass, High-Pass, All-Pass1 and All-Pass2. An internal signal generator provides sine, white noise and pink noise.
The PCX Editor Software allows extensive remote setup and operation features for up to 255 units via the front panel USB Type B Program port or alternatively via the back panel Ethernet control port or old school serial DB9.
Features PCX 88
• Balanced analog Inputs: 8 x XLR
• Balanced analog Outputs: 8 x XLR
• Digital Inputs: 8 via optional Dante Card
• Digital Outputs: 8 via optional Dante Card
• AUTOMIX channel with mixing function, such as threshold, level, attack & releae time
• Every input features Gain, Gate, Mute, Low Cut, HP Filter, 5-band PEQ, Polarity, Link, +48V Phantom Power (analog inputs), and Level
• Every output features: HP and LP Filters, 5-band PEQ, Gain, Compressor/Limiter, Polarity, Delay (680 ms), Mute, and Crossover Filters
• Crossover/Band-pass filters feature Butterworth, Bessel or Linkwitz-Riley alignments from 1st order (6 dB/Oct) to 8th order (48 dB/Oct)
• Signal generator (sine, white noise, pink noise)
• Channels can be linked for simplified stereo operation
• 5-segment LED meters with limit indication on each output
• 5-segment LED meters on each input
• Maximum input and output level +20 dBu, XLR balanced inputs and outputs
• Security lock
• Dynamic range input to output greater than 110 dB (A-weighted)
• 32-bit SHARC DSP
• 24-bit Delta-Sigma A/D and D/A converters
• 96 kHz Sample rate
• Ethernet & USB “B” port for setup and control
• PC Editor Software allow complete remote setup and operation via USB or Ethernet