The Crest Audio® PCX™ 480 is a four input – eight output digital matrix speaker management processor boasting 96 kHz sample rate processing with an exceptionally quiet and accurate AD/DA interfaces and filter response. Either of the 4 input channels, balanced line XLR’s, can be routed to any/or all of the 8 output channels, being fully adjustable on either input or output via the digital matrix system, for any speaker management cabinet configuration. The units software and advanced DSP algorithms offer professional audio grade signal processing and control features to manage, optimise and protect FoH, monitor and multi-zone speaker systems while ensuring exceptional audio signal clarity and integrity without loss or coloration.
Input features include gain, mute, HP / LP filters, 8-band PEQ, polarity and up to 680ms of delay. Each output features an additional 9-band PEQ, gain, compressor/ limiter, polarity, up to 680ms of delay, and mute. Crossover & band-pass filters can be selected bewteen Butterworth, Bessel or Linkwitz-Riley with alignments from 1st order (6 dB/Oct) to 8th order (48 dB/Oct). EQ filter types include PEQ, Low-Shelf, Hi-Shelf, Low Pass, High-Pass, All-Pass1 and All-Pass2. An internal signal generator provides sine, white noise and pink noise.
The front panel of the PCX 480 offers quick and simple local configuration and control via a front panel LCD display, rotary encoder and dedicated function buttons. Alternatively an Ethernet port, located at the back panel, allows for higher resolution graphical user interface configuration and control from a PC utilising the Crest Audio PCX Editor Software that also allows configuration files to be saved and loaded from the user’s PC.
Features PCX 480
• Balanced Inputs: 4 x XLR
• Balanced Outputs: 8 x XLR
• EQ filter types include: PEQ, Low-Shelf, Hi-Shelf, Low-Pass, High-Pass, All-Pass1 and All-Pass2
• Crossover/Band-pass filters feature Butterworth, Bessel or Linkwitz-Riley alignments from 1st order (6 dB/Oct) to 8th order (48 dB/Oct)
• Signal generator (sine, white noise, pink noise)
• Channels can be linked for simplified stereo operation
• Every output features: 9-band PEQ, gain, compressor/limiter, polarity, Delay (680 ms), mute, and crossover/band-pass filters
• 5-segment LED meters with limit indication on each output
• 5-segment LED meters on each input
• Maximum input and output level +20 dBu, XLR balanced inputs and outputs
• Every input features Gain, Mute, HP and LP filters, 8-band PEQ, polarity and Delay (680 ms)
• Security lock
• Dynamic range input to output greater than 109 dB (A-weighted) or 107 dB (unweighted)
• 24-bit Delta-Sigma A/D and D/A converters
• Ethernet & USB “B” port for setup and control
• 96 kHz Sample rate
• PC Editor Software allow complete remote setup and operation via USB or Ethernet