MediaMatrix® nControl™ provides high-end processing power for NION® control applications. It is particularly suited to running complex Python scripts and control functions distributed through very large systems.
While the powerful DSP capabilities of the NION process the audio in an installation, the nControl seamlessly complements the NION by handling the control, monitoring and scripting functions.
As well as providing raw processing power, the nControl can also record and play back multi-channel audio via CobraNet, and includes 200 GB of storage for media files. Files can be copied to and from the nControl via FTP.
The audio interfacing capabilities of the nControl can be tailored to match the requirements of the installation by adding one or more 16 channel CobraNet interface cards. Similarly, one or more relay cards can be added to provide additional digital control inputs and relays for switching external devices, interfacing with switches, LEDs, custom circuitry, and so on. The unit also includes four RS-232 serial interface ports with support for further multi-function serial ports planned for a future version.
The nControl offers real time control and monitoring of network devices via SNMP. The system provides health and status information for devices such as Ethernet switches and uninterruptable power supplies (UPSs).
• Intel Pentium E2160 Dual Core 1.8 GHz processor
• Two 250 GB 7200 RPM SATA-300 drives configured as RAID 1 array
• 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports, expandable to 10 Gigabit Ethernet
• Rackmountable, 3RU package
• Recording of WAV media files via CobraNet
• Playback of WAV and MP3 media files via CobraNet
• Monitoring and control of network devices
• Expandable GPIO for specific applications
• Support for multiple RS-232 serial interfaces
• Compatible with all NION models
• Support for SNMP, RATC and Python