The Crest Audio® CPX™ series is an affordable line of professional power amplifiers geared toward the touring and install markets.
A tradition of great sound quality, flexibility and reliability is carried over into this Crest Audio series. Industry standard connectors and features make the CPX a great backbone for mobile sound systems, project studios and many other applications. Musicians and DJ’s will also find CPX as the power amp of choice.
CPX amps are available in four models, CPX 1, CPX 2, CPX 3 and CPX 4. Power capabilities range from 480 Watts to 1,600 Watts. CPX amps will drive loads that range from 2 to 8 Ohms stereo, or 4 Ohms bridged.
With a comprehensive set of features including built-in signal limiting, low pass filters and low frequency crossovers with direct outputs, the CPX line addresses several applications and serves as a low-cost solution for most power amplification needs.
Exclusive GCL™ (Gain Comparator Limiting) system monitors input/output gain and reduces signal when distortion or excessive high current conditions occur. Protects loudspeakers from dangerous transients and unexpected level changes. Transparent in operation, yet very effective for its designed purpose.
Features CPX 1
• 300 Watts @ 2 Ω per channel
• 480 Watts @ 4 Ω per channel
• 290 Watts @ 8 Ω per channel
• 960 Watts @ 8 Ω bridged
• 600 Watts @ 4 Ω bridged
• GCL Gain Comparator Limiting system with rear panel defeat switch
• Built-in crossover 150 Hz, -24 dB per octave Linkwitz-Riley filter, tuned for subs, individual in/out switches for channels A and B
• 1/4” daisy chain outputs
• Built-in low cut filter at 40 Hz, individual in/out switches for channels A and B
• Input connectors – Barrier strip, Female XLR-1/4” Combo TRS
• Outputs connectors 3 x 4-pin Twist Lock and 2 x binding post for channels A, B, and bridged mono
• Mode selector switch for stereo and bridged-mono operation
• Two speed DC fan