Decades of proven performance, reliability and intelligence converge in the Crest Audio CKd™ Series, combining the legendary overbuilt power supply design made famous by the Crest Audio Pro 200™ with NexSys® networking functionality and an ultra-lightweight class D topology. The design centers around an ultra-high efficiency amplifier output circuit which reduces weight while increasing output power, reliability and thermal efficiency.
The CKd Series offers four multi-channel models to meet the needs of demanding audio installations. The CKd 1208 and CKd 1204 provide 1250 Watts per channel in eight and four channels, respectively. Each amplifier channel will operate to rated power in direct 70V, 100V, 4 or 8 Ohm modes, configurable per channel.
CKd amplifiers are networkable through the new Crest Audio Nx Dante 8® NexSys control module to the Crest Audio NexSys 5 and Peavey® MediaMatrix® NWare™ software programs for advanced control and audio routing. The Nx Dante 8 module fits into the rear bay of CKd Series power amps and supports all NexSys functions, DSP functions and Dante digital audio I/O via 1 Gigabit Ethernet connection.
A Control Voltage input is included on each channel to allow external gain control, while the Fault output on each channel allows the CKd power amps to be wired to other monitoring systems. In addition, users can conserve energy by disabling channels that are not in use.
The CKd Series includes Crest Audio’s exclusive ACL™ (Active Clip Limiting), which automatically reduces gain at the onset of clipping to prevent amplifier and load damage, and IGM™ (Instantaneous Gain Modulation), which monitors load current to protect against overloading.
Features CKd 1204
• Four channels
• 1250 Watts @ 4 & 8 Ω per channel
• 1250 Watts @ 70.7V & 100V per channel
• Ultra-lightweight class D topology
• Each amplifier channel will operate to rated power in direct 70V, 100V, 4 or 8 Ohm modes, configurable per channel
• Networkable through Crest Audio Nx Dante 8 NexSys control module to the Crest Audio NexSys 5 and Peavey MediaMatrix NWare software programs for advanced control and audio routing
• Control Voltage input is included on each channel to allow external gain control
• Fault output on each channel allows CKd power amps to be wired to other monitoring system
• CKd amplifers have the option to conserve energy by disabling channels that are not in use
• Crest Audio’s exclusive ACL (Active Clip Limiting)
• IGM (Instantaneous Gain Modulation) to protect against overloading