The CAB™ 8n features eight audio channels that can be individually configured as inputs or outputs. This provides unparalleled configuration options for an audio interface. The CAB 8n is a half-width, 1RU tall device that is capable of utilizing Power over Ethernet (PoE).
The CAB 8n compact size allows convenient mounting in equipment racks and under tables, while the unique I/O configuration means all the inputs and outputs required can be handled by a single box. All of this can be connected via a single wire when used with any standard PoE network switch or standard power injector.
A 12V DC power inlet is included for situations where PoE is not available. GPIO and serial bridging are also available on the CAB 8n, including eight programmable pins and two Form C relays. The serial bridging is capable of handling RS-232, EIA-422 and EIA-485.
Features CAB 8n
• eight channels of quality balanced analog audio, independently selectable to be either mic/line input with phantom power, or line output
• Remote control of input mic/line mode, phantom power, input gain and output level
• eight channels of GPIO, independently configurable as logic input, logic output, analog control voltage input or high-voltage output
• May be powered from Power-over-Ethernet, or DC power supply (included)
• CobraNet audio networking interface with 5.33 ms latency, 48 kHz sample rate.
• Two user-controllable contact closure circuits
• Fault contact closure circuit and front-panel LED
• User-selectable RS-232/EIA-485/EIA-422 serial port, for interfacing to third-party systems
• High-current (1A) DC power output
• All audio interface control and monitoring, audio metering, GPIO, contact closure, serial port data and hardware status remotely accessible via the Ethernet network from within MediaMatrix NWare software
• Compact 1/2U wide, 1U high chassis
• Front panel LED audio level metering
• Front-panel LED network activity and power status indicators
• Concealed front-panel rotary controls for unit ID selection