The MediaMatrix® sWALL™ 2×2 is a PoE powered in-wall surface mount network audio interface panel supporting both MediaMatrix sNET™ AES67 or Dante® streaming audio over Ethernet, offering two analog microphone/line level balanced input channels and two analog line level output channels.
Analog audio sources, typically from microphones or line level audio playback devices, connected via the universal combo XLR/TRS inputs, are converted into digital audio then packaged into separate audio sub-channels transmitted as either a Dante or AES67 network audio data stream. Additionally the sWALL 2×2 interface panel can received any supported audio streams on the connected network, converting such stream and sub-channels to high quality balanced analog audio signals at the XLR output connectors.
The input universal combo XLR/TRS connectors each have independent channel selectable phantom power via a front panel micro-switch. Gain control for each input can be adjusted using rotary micro-pots. Electret condenser and dynamic microphones are supported when using the XLR inputs, line level audio inputs supported via 1/4″ TRS; Attenuation is auto-switched via the push to lock button independent for each input channel.
The sWALL 2×2 eliminates the need for long runs of analog cables terminated in racks of patch bays. As the connection to the sWALL 2×2 uses UTP cable with network standard RJ45 crimp connectors, the installation time, number of terminations required and associated cost are all minimized.
A MediaMatrix sWALL 2×2 fits within a standard 2 gang North American NEMA back box and is powered over the attached network cable from a network PoE capable switch supporting IEEE 802.3af/at standards for power over Ethernet.
Features sWALL 2×2
• Supports both MediaMatrix sNET AES67 or Dante audio-over-IP interoperability
• 48 kHz sample rates @ 32-bit A/D and D/A conversion
• Automatic Mic/Line input level attenuation when using XLR connector for microphone levels switched automatically via connector push to lock button
• Line level inputs supported when using 1/4″ TRS connection
• Rotary micro-pot for each input channel allows +20 dB gain of the signal
• Selectable 48V phantom power on each microphone XLR input
• Two independent balanced line level outputs
• A/D and D/A conversion at the wall panel reduces problems with buzz, hum, ground loops and other cable issues. It also eliminates the need for isolation and impedance matching interfaces
• MediaMatrix sNET AES67 and Dante audio-over-IP via switched network and RJ45 crimp connectors greatly reduces critical path delivery time and costs, replacing the need to solder/terminate analog interface panels
• Configurable with Dante Controller
• PoE mode power supply, or injector compatible with 802.3af/at standard PoE switches
• Available in RAL 110-1 arctic white. Custom color on request subject to minimum quantity