Peavey Commercial Audio News
June 18, 2014
The Crest Audio® CKd™ Series of multi-channel, networkable, intelligent power amplifiers are now shipping. Providing superior performance in fixed installations through an efficient design that saves energy, weight and space, the CKd Series are the culmination of decades of proven performance and reliability.
The CKd Power Amplifiers combine the legendary overbuilt power supply design made famous by the Crest Audio Pro 200™ with NexSys® networking functionality and an ultra-lightweight class D topology. The design centers around an ultra-high efficiency amplifier output circuit that reduces weight while increasing output power, reliability and thermal efficiency.
The CKd Series offers four multi-channel models to meet the needs of demanding audio installations. The CKd 1208 and CKd 1204 provide 1,250 Watts per channel in eight and four channels, respectively, while the CKd 608 and CKd 604 provide 625 Watts per channel in eight and four channels. Each amplifier channel will operate to rated power in direct 70-volt, 100-volt, 8-ohm or 4-ohm modes, configurable per channel.
CKd amplifiers are networkable through Crest Audio’s Nx Dante-8™ and Nx Cobranet-8 NexSys control modules and either Crest Audio NexSys 5 or Peavey® MediaMatrix® NWare™ software programs for advanced control and audio routing. The Nx Dante-8 and Nx Cobranet-8 modules fit into the rear bay of CKd Series power amps and support all NexSys functions, DSP functions and Dante digital audio I/O (via 1 Gigabit Ethernet connection) or Cobranet digital audio I/O (via 100baseT connection).
A Control Voltage input is included on each channel to allow external gain control, while the Fault output on each channel allows the CKd power amps to be wired to other monitoring systems. In addition, users can conserve energy by disabling channels that are not in use.
The CKd Series includes Crest Audio's exclusive ACL™ (Active Clip Limiting), which automatically reduces gain at the onset of clipping to prevent amplifier and load damage, and IGM™ (Instantaneous Gain Modulation), which monitors load current to protect against overloading.
- CKd 1208: eight channels of 1,250 Watts (4 and 8 ohms)
- CKd 1204: four channels of 1,250 Watts (4 and 8 ohms)
- CKd 608: eight channels of 625 Watts (4 and 8 ohms)
- CKd 604: four channels of 625 Watts (4 and 8 ohms)
- Highly efficient and reliable class D design
- NexSys® Module Bay
- Accepts Nx Dante-8 and NxCobraNet-8 modules for remote monitoring and control, DSP and digital audio transport
- Mode configurable per channel (low impedance, 70V or 100V constant voltage)
- High Impedance: Direct 100V or Direct 70V - 1.4V sensitivity, 70Hz HPF
- Low Impedance: 8 Ohms, 4 Ohms - x40 gain
- Full rated power in each mode
- Tour Class® Protection Circuits
- ACL, IGM, Short circuit, DC protect, Auto-Ramp, Current in-rush on/off, comprehensive thermal management
- Cool Operation - Uses a unique heat sink and high output variable speed fan with front panel mounted removable fan filter for easy maintenance
- Front and rear display - Invaluable when troubleshooting or setting up a system
- Front mounted circuit breakers
- Sequential Turn On /Off (STO) - Connections for remote power control
- Control Voltage input per channel for external gain control
- Fault Output relay per channel for connections to other monitoring systems
- Detented gain potentiometer on each channel (accessible via rear panel)
- Euro input connection and barrier strip output connections
- All models are standard 2RU rack height and offer front to side cooling
Features, specifications and pricing are subject to change without notice.