Peavey Commercial Audio News
January 13, 2011
Jan. 13, 2011, ANAHEIM, Calif. — Peavey® announces the new MediaMatrix® NION® nE, a powerful DSP platform designed for cost efficiency in mid-market applications. The NION nE brings the world’s most efficient high performance audio algorithms, the most powerful configurable DSP core ever built for the commercial, engineered systems marketplace, and the revolutionary MediaMatrix nWare™ control software to a broader array of designers and contractors.
"The goal for the MediaMatrix NION nE was to bring the power of NION and nWare to every level of the contracting market," said Hartley Peavey, founder and CEO of Peavey Electronics. "The new NION nE provides all of the core capabilities of the NION platform at a new, lower price point, putting the depth and flexibility of MediaMatrix into the hands of any consultant or contractor."
The NION nE will support up to 32 channels of analog audio and up to 64 channels of AES digital audio via four Nio™ card slots in the NION nE frame. It uses the same Nio cards as a standard NION frame, so users get the same selection and variety of input and output options, including the new Nio-AEC echo cancellation card. The NION nE also accepts CobraNet or Dante digital audio transport network cards, which are optional.
The NION nE is built on the same foundation as the venerable NION n6 and n3. Designers and contractors can expect the same high-quality audio performance and the same complement of DSP power and capability. The idea behind the new NION nE is simple: keep all of the horsepower of the NION engine and fully support the capabilities of nWare, but reduce the cost to make the MediaMatrix processing and distribution system available to the middle market segment.
- New, lower price for NION capability and flexibility
- NION processing frame with three ADI SHARC Hammerhead Digital Signal Processors
- Four Nio card slots accept full range of Nio series input/output cards
- System configuration and control via nWare application software available at mediamatrix.peavey.com
- Sixteen configurable GPIO pins, four HCO/PWM outputs
- One Ethernet control port
- One EIA422/485 serial control port
- One RS-232 serial control port
- CobraNet and Dante network interfaces optional
- Mini-ATX 300W industrial power supply
- Frame configuration via internal web server and user interface