Peavey Commercial Audio News
MediaMatrix® Announces New Low Cost NION Opening MediaMatrix Applications to a Wider Market
May 26, 2010
May 26, 2010
MediaMatrix® by Peavey announces the new NION® nE, a powerful DSP platform in the tradition of the legacy NION products designed for cost-efficiency and mid-market applications. At a lower entry cost, the NION nE brings the power and flexibility of nWare to a broader array or designers and contractors.
"We are thrilled with the prospect of bringing the depth and flexibility of nWare to the broadest scope of the contracting market," said Kevin Ivey, General Manager of Peavey Commercial Audio. "The new NION nE provides all of the core capabilities of the NION platform at a new lower price point, opening the capabilities of the NION and nWare to a new and larger range of consultants and contractors."
The NION nE will support up to 32 channels of analog audio, and up to 64 channels of AES digital audio via four Nio card slots in the NION nE frame. It uses the same Nio cards as a standard NION frame, so users get the same selection and variety of input and output options, including the new Nio-AEC echo cancellation card. The NION nE also accepts CobraNet or Dante digital audio transport network cards, which are optional.
"The NION nE is built on the same foundation as the venerable NION n6 and n3," commented Charles Anderson, Engineering Supervisor for MediaMatrix. "Designers and contractors can expect the same high-quality audio performance, and the same complement of DSP power and capability. The idea behind the new NION nE is simple; keep all of the horsepower of the NION engine, fully support the capabilities of nWare, but reduce the cost to make the MediaMatrix processing and distribution system available to the middle market segment."
MediaMatrix invites attendees of InfoComm 2010 to visit booth C6602 to see the NION nE and discuss its unique price to performance advantages.
- New, lower price for NION capability and flexibility
- NION processing frame with three ADI SHARC Hammerhead Digital Signal Processors
- Four Nio card slots accept full range of Nio series input/output cards
- System configuration and control via nWare application software available at mediamatrix.peavey.com
- Sixteen configurable GPIO pins, four HCO/PWM outputs
- One Ethernet control port
- One EIA422/485 serial control port
- One RS-232 serial control port
- Cobranet and Dante network interfaces optional
- Mini-ATX 300W industrial power supply
- Frame configuration via internal web server and user interface